We seek dynamic, motivated and creative candidates and consider how each applicant will contribute to — and benefit from — the program's diverse and collaborative culture. The committee takes a holistic look at each application and factors in your unique talents, accomplishments, energy, curiosity, perspective and identity. We strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to getting to know you.
Admissions and Financial Aid
The final priority deadline is February 2, 2024.
Applications to the Executive MBA are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. However, applications submitted by the priority review deadlines will receive early communication regarding their admissions decision.
The IE Brown EMBA application is administered through IE. Completed applications will be reviewed by both Brown University and IE.
A completed online application includes:
- One page resume or CV
- Two essay responses (please refer to the online application for topics)
- Copy of passport or photo ID
- Upload of passport sized photo
- Official University transcripts*
- Upload of bachelor’s diploma and relevant additional accreditations
- Employment verification letter & Organizational chart
- Two letters of recommendation written by professors, entrepreneurs, freelance professionals or persons holding a management position
- Submitted application fee 150€
*Unofficial transcripts can be reviewed if official transcripts are not immediately available
Once the application form has been assessed, candidates may be called to interview – which may be done, on campus, at an admissions event, or by video conference should you be unable to meet us in person.
The interview examines the data provided in the application in greater detail and determines whether the candidate’s profile will stand him or her in good stead for the content and demands of the program. Applicants may be requested to engage in more than one interview with members of the admissions committee and/or IE Brown EMBA alumni.
Admissions Committee Decision
Following the interview, each application will be subject to a final review by the Admissions Committee comprised of members from both institutions, evaluating all aspects of each candidate’s application as a whole. Candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision after this final review.
Admission is valid for two consecutive intakes and is granted to candidates whom IE Business School considers to be the right profile to successfully participate in the IE Brown Executive MBA program. This does not automatically guarantee a place within any given intake, however, and a place reservation is necessary to secure a place within a specific intake.
The most current tuition and fees for the program can be found on Brown’s Bursar’s Office page here. Travel and lodging for residential sessions and any required books and materials are additional.
Tuition and fees includes all study materials, tuition costs and a contribution to the IE Foundation. This contribution supports scholarship opportunities, as well as other initiatives that you can learn more about here.
Course fees do not include accommodation and travel costs for the residential periods.
Candidates also pay a non-refundable application fee of 150 € to cover administrative costs.
Admission is valid for two program intakes. To reserve a place in a particular intake, students are required to make a deposit of $13,500 US.
IE – US MILITARY VETERANS FELLOWSHIP
Open to all veterans of the US Armed Forces, for all programs.
IE University is the ideal place for US military veterans looking to continue their international experience and transition into the business field. They provide military partnerships at IE to recognize the contributions of men and women who have served in the US Armed Forces as part of our educational benefits for veterans.
Amount: Various scholarships that cover between 10% and 40% of the program's tuition costs.
IE - BROWN EXECUTIVE MBA DEAN'S SCHOLARSHIP
Open to all nationalities for candidates admitted to the IE Brown Executive MBA
IE University and Brown University have joined forces to train executives and entrepreneurs who are not afraid to face difficult and complex questions or challenges; preparing them to be agents of change in their organization, industry and community.
Amount: This scholarship can cover up to 40% of tuition costs. The amount awarded will depend on the status of the scholarship fund at the time, the profile and the specific circumstances demonstrated by the candidate.
20% scholarship available from an IE Brown EMBA alumni referral. An alum of the program must be identified as one of your recommenders in your application.
20% scholarship available for Brown alumni.
For U.S. candidates, loans are available from the Smart Option Student Loan offering of Sallie Mae International. The school identifier for these loan applications is IE.
For Spanish fiscal residents living and working in Spain loans are available from two Spanish financial institutions to accommodate IE Brown EMBA student program funding needs.
The IE Brown Executive MBA is designed to be fully compatible with the schedules and pressures of senior executives and presents a unique opportunity for top organizations to provide support for their high-potential employees, expanding their skills, broadening their perspectives and enabling companies to flourish. Both the methods of delivery as well as the carefully designed curriculum allow participants to embed the skills being learned directly into their day-to-day operations, transforming their organizations from the outset of the program.
Support from within the organization is key to the success of every participant, and represents an important investment in their human capital, awarding and engaging top performers. Sponsorship of high-potential employees can come in the form of time allotted for the mandatory face-to-face modules to partial or full funding of tuition and fees. In cases where full or partial funding for the program is provided by the employer, participants will be required to submit a completed Corporate Financing Form signed by the sponsor. For more information please contact email@example.com.
Tuition fees can be paid in one or three equal installments, however we also offer extended payment plans for students that request it.
Our extended payment plans offer the following benefits:
- The ability to pay your tuition fees in up to 5 installments during the first year of the program.
- They can be used in conjunction with your financial aid award, should you receive a scholarship.
- They are interest-free and there are no pre-approval requirements or credit checks.
Please keep in mind that plans outside of the default payment structure will include an administrative service fee of $450.
- Employ innovative thinking to turn challenges into opportunities
- Keen to explore how the latest breakthroughs in science and engineering can lay the foundation for breakout entrepreneurial ventures
Globally Aware and Inquisitive
- Aspire to understand how the history, culture, and politics of countries and regions shape the marketplace in a global business environment
- Enjoy questioning conventional wisdom and critically examining concepts such as rationality, value and globalization
- Possess a strong ethical compass and an understanding that real economic value creation should be socially and environmentally sustainable
- Mindful that human beings are at the very center of management
Authentic and Flexible
- Able to cope with ambiguity – the attributes needed to manage and lead in times of change
- Cognizant of their own values and principles and not afraid to lead
Avg. Years of Work Experience