We seek dynamic, motivated and creative candidates and consider how each applicant will contribute to — and benefit from — the program's diverse and collaborative culture. The committee takes a holistic look at each application and factors in your unique talents, accomplishments, energy, curiosity, perspective and identity. We strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to getting to know you.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Successful Candidates Will be Able to Demonstrate:
- Professional achievements
- Leadership potential
- Academic excellence
Basic Admissions Criteria
- 10 years of work experience and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a management position.
- Undergraduate degree
- GRE/GMAT not required
Priority Admissions dates have passed for the cohort beginning in March 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted until the cohort reaches capacity. The IE Brown EMBA application is administered through IE. Completed applications will be reviewed by both Brown University and IE.
A completed online application includes:
- Official university transcripts
- Upload of passport or ID card photo
- Upload of passport-sized photo
- Curriculum Vitae (one page)
- Three essays (please refer to the online application for topics)
- Upload of diplomas or certificates accrediting courses, seminars or programs undertaken by the candidate.
- Letter from current employer
- Two letters of recommendation written by professors, entrepreneurs, freelance professionals or persons holding a management position
- Application fee
|Application Due||Decision Communicated|
|Priority II||October 4, 2021||November 1, 2021|
|Priority III||December 13, 2021||January 4, 2022|
Once the application form has been assessed, candidates may be called to interview – which may be done, on campus, at an admissions event, or by video conference should you be unable to meet us in person.
The interview examines the data provided in the application in greater detail and determines whether the candidate’s profile will stand him or her in good stead for the content and demands of the program. Applicants may be requested to engage in more than one interview with members of the admissions committee and/or IE Brown EMBA alumni.
Admissions Committee Decision
Following the interview, each application will be subject to a final review by the Admissions Committee comprised of members from both institutions, evaluating all aspects of each candidate’s application as a whole. Candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision after this final review.
Admission is valid for two consecutive intakes and is granted to candidates whom IE Business School considers to be the right profile to successfully participate in the IE Brown Executive MBA program. This does not automatically guarantee a place within any given intake, however, and a place reservation is necessary to secure a place within a specific intake.
Tuition and fees for the IE Brown Executive MBA Class of 2022 (beginning study March 2021) are $135,000 USD, which includes all study materials, tuition costs and a contribution to the IE Foundation to support joint research projects between IE and Brown faculty members. Course fees do not include accommodation and travel costs for the residential periods.
Candidates also pay a non-refundable application fee of 150 € to cover administrative costs.
Admission is valid for two program intakes. To reserve a place in a particular intake, students are required to make a deposit of $13,500 US.
IE Brown students have various financial aid options available to them to assist with the cost of pursuing their MBA. Financing options for admitted students include loans, IE Foundation scholarships and in some cases fellowship opportunities. Detailed information on each of these options can be found on the Financial Aid website, or contact us directly at [email protected].
IE Foundation Scholarships and Fellowships
The IE Foundation aims to bring management training to those people who have excelled in the personal and professional aspects of their lives but who do not have the full financial resources necessary to access a top master degree program. These scholarships are awarded by assessing candidates on merit, diversity, and financial need.
For U.S. candidates, loans are available from the Smart Option Student Loan offering of Sallie Mae International. The school identifier for these loan applications is IE.
For Spanish fiscal residents living and working in Spain loans are available from two Spanish financial institutions to accommodate IE Brown EMBA student program funding needs.
The IE Brown Executive MBA is designed to be fully compatible with the schedules and pressures of senior executives and presents a unique opportunity for top organizations to provide support for their high-potential employees, expanding their skills, broadening their perspectives and enabling companies to flourish. Both the methods of delivery as well as the carefully designed curriculum allow participants to embed the skills being learned directly into their day-to-day operations, transforming their organizations from the outset of the program.
Support from within the organization is key to the success of every participant, and represents an important investment in their human capital, awarding and engaging top performers. Sponsorship of high-potential employees can come in the form of time allotted for the mandatory face-to-face modules to partial or full funding of tuition and fees. In cases where full or partial funding for the program is provided by the employer, participants will be required to submit a completed Corporate Financing Form signed by the sponsor. For more information please contact [email protected].
- Employ innovative thinking to turn challenges into opportunities
- Keen to explore how the latest breakthroughs in science and engineering can lay the foundation for breakout entrepreneurial ventures
Globally Aware and Inquisitive
- Aspire to understand how the history, culture, and politics of countries and regions shape the marketplace in a global business environment
- Enjoy questioning conventional wisdom and critically examining concepts such as rationality, value and globalization
- Possess a strong ethical compass and an understanding that real economic value creation should be socially and environmentally sustainable
- Mindful that human beings are at the very center of management
Authentic and Flexible
- Able to cope with ambiguity – the attributes needed to manage and lead in times of change
- Cognizant of their own values and principles and not afraid to lead
Avg. Years of Work Experience